Monday, July 28, 2008

Walters' Reunion!

I have been meaning to post about our reunion for awhile, but I just haven't had the time. This actually took me a little while. Last week, Dustin and I took the long drive up to McCall for our family reunion. This reunion consists of my brothers and sisters and their kids. It was a week long, and so much fun. When we first arrived, we were swept off to the outdoor pool right away. Here is Saki. He wouldn't get in the water, just walked around throwing anything he could find into the pool.


Here is Patrick and Kennedy lounging in the sun.


I guess it took a lot out of Dustin because he had to squeeze a quick nap in after that.


Sunday, the majority of everyone was there, so we decided to do family pictures. This is as good as it gets with a family this big. We all have t-shirts that correspond with our own little family. It helps keep us organized, right? Here is a picture with my dad and all my brothers and sisters. Ten kids. I think the last time all the siblings were together for a picture was at my wedding two years ago.


Here is the oldest. #1. Maddie, Tawny, Regan, Marty. Their oldest, Taylor, had to work and couldn't come.


#2. Bret, Carson, and Ryan. Angie came the next day with Delany, and their oldest, Tyler, was at scout camp.


#3. Kyler, Meggan, Kristy, Kellan, Gregg, and Mikayla.


#4. Braxton, Payden, DeDe, Brandt, Bailey, Addison, and Kylee.


#5. Peni, Jaycie, Rose, Avery, Tu'i, "Ema, and Brooklyn.


#6. CIndy, Scott, Natalie, Alexis, Patrick, and Kennedy.


#7. Mason, Tony, Cameron, Brennon, Kaden, and Camille.


#8. I didn't get a picture of Cody's whole family togther (yeah, I missed a whole family), but here are Lilli and Carly at least.


#9. Ife, Sakiusa, and Celeste.


#10. Dustin, Macie, and me.


I think all the stress of picture taking wore Dustin out. Notice a pattern here?


Here is the whole family (minus the 4 who weren't there)


And here is a picture with my dad and all the grandkids. I think there are only 3 grandkids missing from this picture. Altogether, we have I think 34 grandkids. Not too shabby.


This is a random picture, but I thought Macie looked pretty cute sleeping in the morning.


Monday, we had "Beach Day". Not really a beach. It was a lake. Tony rented a boat for the day, and everyone had tons of fun. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Camille and Cindy, or Ife, on the tube, but I missed that part. Here is a picture of Rose, Macie, and Carly.


All of us sitting around doing nothing.


Dallin and Lilli were being so cute. I wish I would have gotten them on video, but I just got a picture instead.


Here we have Kylee, Bailey, and Payden. By the end of the day, it was a little overcast and windy. These guys were just worn out and a little chilly.


Ife was a little chilly, too.


Who sleeps like this? Stiff as a board. Apparently Bret does.


And of course it wouldn't really be a day at the lake if Cody and Bret weren't fishing. A bunch of the grandkids actually were playing in the little stream and caught a bunch of fish, too.


Even though Dustin had to leave on Sunday, and I was there til Wednesday without him, it was still a way fun family reunion. As always, I love getting together with my family. It was so awesome of everyone to do their best and make the effort to get there are spend time together. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family. I love them all so much!

3 comments:

Todd Family said...

That was an awesome post! I love family reunions and man..yours is huge! It looked like a whole lot of fun! Good job on the grandkids too! DANG!

Shae said...

That's so awesome! The Walters family is the coolest...always has been! How fun that you guys got to be all together...it gets hectic when everyone is together, I'm sure, but it's so worth it, and it's so fun!

Bec said...

I cannot believe the sheer numbers involved in your single family! Yikes! You could be your own village! :) Seriously, shock and awe. Also, those pictures are great! I love the color-coded families, very smart idea. And my favorite little trio: yours for sure! Very cute. Great post!