Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our House!

Well, if you didn't know, Dustin is building us a house. We are super excited. He's been working very hard to get this baby framed. We probably won't really be in there til end of September...October-ish...I'm trying not to set a date yet. Anyway, here is just an update on how things have been going for him. This is our foundation. Yee-haw.


The left side is the basement, and the right side is our garage.


Then we got an upstairs, the living room and kitchen.


Dustin was VERY excited to get this cowboy hat. I never thought him much of a cowboy. I must say, though, he looks pretty smokin' in it. :)


Then we got bedrooms above the garage. Dustin put the roof on this morning. Did you notice we have no front door? Don't worry, it's there. He hasn't cut out the sheeting yet, so it's hiding. On about day number two when he first started framing, he actually did forget to frame doors in our house, but he fixed it. It's our first house, so we're allowed to make mistakes like that, right?


Here is what our house will kind of look like finished. It is backwards and a different color, but you get the idea, right?


Part of the bedroom side is framed inside, but not all of it, obviously.


This is looking down at where the stairs go. It's a split level, so the stairs split at the landing and go down into our dirty basement and up into our living room.


Dustin really has been working his tail off getting this done. He's taking a summer class, working, and building this house, so needless to say I haven't seen him a ton lately, but his part is almost done. We REALLY appreciate those who have put even a little bit of time in (and tools) to help us out. I'm so thankful for Dustin and his hard work. He's the best husband ever invented!

5 comments:

Todd Family said...

HOPE AND DUSTIN! I love it! we are so excited for you guys! you are doing such a great job dustin! man, that's a HUGE step for you guys! you are going to have the prettiest house ever! good job! we have to come to logan to visit! we love you!

Sherydon said...

Wow that is so fun!! I would love to build a new house!! Its gonna be so pretty!! I loved your reunion pics. I want a big family like that. I love the naps that dustin and macie take. So cute!! She'll love those pics!! You look great,toO!!

Amanda Hansen said...

Wow you guys are really coming along on the house. I have to say that I am quite impressed. When we were going to build in Arco, I got as far as calling Butte County Planning and Zoning before I gave up. I figured I would either end up killing Josh or go completely insane before it was all said and done, so I'm extremely impressed that you guys are getting all this done and with a newborn to boot. I love the reunion pictures. Macie just gets cuter every day. Let us know if you guys need any help with the house - Josh actually graduated in building construction so he's usually pretty helpful. Give Macie loves for me - Love ya

Bec said...

I can't believe you're gonna own a house- let alone BUILD it! Dang. It's so grown up of you. And so DARN skilled of Dustin (how'd you learn how to do that??). Wow. I'm officially impressed. Also, way to rock the cowboy hat, Dustin. :)

Bec said...

Btw- How does Dustin know how to do all this? Is it "what he does" or just something he knows how to do?