Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day...oh the memories!

Memorial Day was a nice weekend. We took a little trip down memory lane. Friday night, we took off to go camping up Sulfer Canyon in Soda. We used to go up there all the time to go rock climbing in high school. I never climbed, I just sat at the bottom keeping up the fire. We had tons of fun. Here is Dustin and Ethan making breakfast.


Macie LOVED sitting by herself in the big chair by the fire. It was so cute.


And she loved playing in the water.


So I decided to try climbing. I never have before. It turned out to be awesome, and I have to toot my own horn and say I made it to the top on my very first try ever! It was a big rock and only a few of us made it up. Dustin made it to the top, too (on his second try) :)



I know this is lame, I I didn't actually do it back in high school (I'm pretty sure one of Dustin's friends did it), but it was kind of fun seeing this in the tree. (Dustin Hansen + Hope Walters)


Macie had tons of fun camping. She wasn't too happy when we were packing up to leave. It was nice sticking her right there in the car while we were packing up. She was so sad.


Monday, before we came back to Logan, we stopped at the cemetary. Last year when we went, I was huge pregnant, so it was fun this year to have Macie. It was her first visit, so it was kind of special.



We had a good Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed the memories. I really don't go to Soda very much, but we had tons of fun!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh, Sulfer Canyon...I think the one time I went rock climbing there you were there too...How fun!

I love the picture of Macie crying in the car...cute!