Monday, July 16, 2012

Jude McKay Hansen

Finally! I can finally blog about our new baby! We have had a virus on our computer, and my time has somehow been sucked up lately, but I have been wanting to introduce everyone to our new little man!

Jude McKay Hansen
Born: 12:51 PM on June 25, 2012
8 lbs. 21 in.


I realize pictures of pregnancy and labor and everything are not the most flattering pictures in the world, but don't judge!  :)  I really thought I was going to have my baby earlier than I really did, but I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, the 25th.  Dustin's mom was nice enough to come stay at our house the night before so she could watch our kids.  We went in on Monday morning at 7:00 AM.  I got started on Pitocin at about 7:30.  I got an epidural at about 9:45 and was dilated to a four.  The epidural only worked on one side.  My water broke at about 10:15.  They did another epidural.  For about an hour I was really not having fun.  The contractions were hurting so bad.  I was just sweating and oblivious to the world around me.  :)  Nice job to all those natural laborers out there.  I'm not one.  My second epidural worked like a charm.  The nurse just kept telling me that if I felt the need to push to let her know.  I didn't really know, so I just hung out.  The doctor came in and checked me and I was fully dilated.  He got ready and told me to push whenever I felt like it.  I pushed once and out popped Baby Jude!

Lovely close-up!
Meeting mommy.
Meeting Macie and Noah.
Meeting Grandma Wadsworth. (Dustin's mom)
First picture as a family of five!
Holding hands.
Macie LOVES her new little brother.
My kiddos.
Amanda stopped by on her way to a family reunion when Jude was 5 days old. She isn't taking pictures right now, but she couldn't help but snap a few spur of the moment shots of my little man. THANKS AMANDA!!! How cute for no planning, right?

7 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

What a cutie!!!! All of your kids are absolutely adorable.

Angie Elwood said...

No fair Hope! I wish I had short labor and deliveries! You look awesome and your kids are so cute with each other. Miss ya!

Todd Family said...

OH MY HECK HOPE! every picture I wanted to just scream! Jude is gorgeous! and you look AMAZING!! I hated my labor pics! I didn't think I looked that bad until I saw the pics afterwards! lol I figured next delivery I"ll look in the mirror before people start taking pics of me! :) your hair is so long too! so excited for you! your babies are beautiful!

Deanna said...

congratulations!!! Such a darling family you have!!! McKay is our oldest's middle name, too. :) I love that name!

Bec said...

First of all, "Nice job to all those natural laborers out there. I'm not one." !! A-freakin-men! Loved that.

And secondly (and ultimately much more important): CONGRATULATIONS!! What a darling little man! He's darling and a perfect combination of the two of you! Super, duper cute. I hope your recovery (physical, emotional, hormonal, all that) is easy and quick. You look great. Congrats, momma! :)

Chelece said...

I have been waiting for this update. Jude is so cute! Your family is just so cute!

Kelli said...

Congrats! He is adorable!!