Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ode to the past...

So this is a bittersweet post for me. With Dustin driving to Salt Lake every day, we were spending a pretty penny on gas, so he decided to sell his motorcycle for a new one that would commute better. I loved his motorcycle. As nervous as I am with motorcycles, I'm doing better and I guess I just always imagined myself one day driving this one. I will always hold a special place in my heart to you, Honda Nighthawk! This is the motorcycle Dustin bought just before his mission when he lived in Salt Lake, and I was still in high school. He looked so good on it, and it just brings back memories from the dating days. So I say with a sad heart, Farewell my friend! (Isn't she pretty?)


On to new things. Here's Dustin's new bike. A Honda CBR or something of the sort. Yes it is purple and green, yes it's a bullet bike, and yes I worry about Dustin on the freeway, but he's a smart cookie, so he can take care of himself.


We will be saving about half the gas money we were spending before. Maybe a little more. Dustin is loving his job right now. He's really into it and is doing a really good job. I'm super proud of him. He rode his new motorcycle to work this morning, and he got there safe. :) Yahoo!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

You are such a wonderful wife, Hope!! Ryan has been wanting a bike for some time...but I can't go there right now. LOL! I just barely let him get a gun...and I grew up with BOTH bikes AND guns...I must be loosin' it! :)

Todd Family said...

SO fun! That is exciting for him!! I love motorcycles!! Have you rode on it yet with him?

Kristin said...

I remember my summer and BYU and you were in Hawaii, Dustin came up on his motocycle and took me and my roommates for a ride! Super fun!